Wide Range Achievement Test, Fifth Edition
WRAT5 now available on Q-interactive
Measure foundational academics with the WRAT5
The WRAT5 provides an accurate and easy-to-administer way to assess and monitor the reading, spelling, and maths skills in people aged 5–85+ and helps identify possible learning disabilities.
Features & Benefits:
- Efficient completion time—test can be completed in as little as 15 minutes
- Simple administration rules contribute to accurate and timely data
- Grade-based start points, simple reversal rules, and clear discontinue rules
- Test learners of all ages using the same assessment
- Screen individuals or small groups
What's new in WRAT5?
The WRAT5 is upgraded with data reflecting current populations based on recent census information. Updates include:
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- Improved identification of learning disabilities
- Streamlining of rules
- Subtest improvements
The WRAT5 provides derived scores and interpretive information for four subtests:
- Word Reading measures untimed letter identification and word recognition. The examinee reads aloud a list of letters/words
- Sentence Comprehension measures the ability to identify the meaning of words and to comprehend the ideas and information in a sentence using an untimed modified cloze procedure. Each item requires the examinee to read (aloud or silently) a sentence with a word missing, and then say the word that best completes the sentence
- Spelling measures an individual's ability to write letters and words from dictation without a time limit
- Math Computation measures an individual's ability to count, identify numbers, solve simple oral math problems, and calculate written math problems with a time limit. Problems are presented in a range of domains, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced operations
- A Reading Composite score is created by combining the Word Reading and Sentence Comprehension standard scores
How does a Q-interactive user add WRAT5 to their library?
Users with an Educational Licence will automatically have the WRAT-5 added to their account.
Users with a Standard or University Licence should call the Customer Services team on 0845 630 8888 (calls cost 3p per minute plus your phone company's access charge) to ask for the WRAT5 to be added to their account.
*The blue form will be available with the release of WRAT5 at the end of 2017 and the green form will be available in spring 2018.